Ph.D. (Solid State Chemistry), Institute for Molecular Science, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Japan, 1999
B.Sc. (Chemistry), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1993
M.S. (Physical Chemistry), Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 1996
Tel: (65) 6516-1472
Group website: The Ouyang Group
1. Energy Materials and Devices
I am interested to the energy conversion and energy storage. The energy conversion includes low-cost solar cells, such as polymer solar cells and dye-sensitized solar cells, and electrocatalysis. I am also interested to develop high-performance materials for energy storage. My lab achieved the highest photovoltaic efficiencies for dye-sensitized solar cells with carbon nanotubes and graphene as the counter electrode.
2. Nanometer Materials and Devices
My interests on nanometer materials include the development, processing and application of functional nanometer materials, such as carbon nanotubes, graphene, polymer/nanoparticle memory devices, and antibacterial nanocoating. Recently, we developed methods to directly deposit nanostructured metals on substrates through the chemical reduction of metal precursors.
3. Organic Electronic Materials and Devices
Organic electronic devices, including light-emitting diodes, photovoltaic cells, and field-effect transistors, have many important applications are regarded as the next-generation electronic devices due to their low fabrication cost and high mechanical flexibility. I am interested to the development of high-performance organic electronic materials and devices, including conducting polymers, conjugated polymers and organic molecules, photovoltaic cells and light-emitting diodes. We recently developed approaches to develop highly transparent and highly conductive polymer films. The polymer films have transparency and conductivity like indium tin oxide (ITO), the traditional transparent electrode material for optoelectronic devices.
- Bichen Li; Furkan Isikgor; Hikmet Coskun; Jianyong Ouyang*, Methylammonium Iodide Effect on the Supersaturation and Interfacial Energy of the Crystallization of Methylammonium Lead Triiodide Single Crystals, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, in press
- Zeng Fan, Pengcheng Li, Donghe Du and Jianyong Ouyang*, Significantly Enhanced Thermoelectric Properties Of PEDOT:PSS Films through Sequential Post Treatments with Common Acids and Bases, Advanced Energy Materials, 2017, 7, 1602116.
- Jingjing Chang, Hai Zhu, Bichen Li, Furkan Halis Isikgor, Yue Hao, Qinghua Xu*, and Jianyong Ouyang*, Boosting the Performance of Planar Heterojunction Perovskite Solar Cell by Controlling the Precursor Purity of Perovskite Materials, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4, 887-893. (a hot article of the journal)
- Pengcheng Li, Donghe Du, Lin Guo, Yongxin Guo and Jianyong Ouyang*, Stretchable and Conductive Polymer Films for High-Performance Electromagnetic Interference Shielding, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2016, 4, 6525 – 6532
- Abhijit Dutta and Jianyong Ouyang*, Ternary NiAuPt Nanoparticles on Reduced Graphene Oxide as Catalysts toward the Electrochemical Oxidation Reaction of Ethanol, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 1371-1380. (Virtual special issue by ACS “Catalysis in Singapore”, http://pubs.acs.org/page/accacs/vi/singapore)
- K. Sun, Z. Xiao, S. Lu, W. Zajaczkowski, W. Pisula, E. Hanssen, J. White, R. Williamson, J. Subbiah, .J. Ouyang*, A. Holmes, W. Wong*, and D. Jones*, “A molecular nematic liquid crystalline material for high-performance thick-film organic photovoltaics", Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 6013.
- Y. Xia, K. Sun, and J. Ouyang*, Solution-Processed Metallic Conducting Polymer Films as Transparent Electrode of Optoelectronic Devices, Advanced Materials, 2012, 24, 2436-2440.
- Yijie Xia, Kuan Sun and Jianyong Ouyang*, Highly Conductive Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene):Poly(styrene sulfonate) Films Treated with an Amphiphilic Fluoro Compound as the Transparent Electrode of Polymer Solar Cells, Energy & Environmental Science, 2012, 5, 5325-5332.
- Yijie Xia and Jianyong Ouyang*, PEDOT:PSS films with significantly enhanced conductivities induced by preferential solvation with cosolvents and their application in polymer photovoltaic cells, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2011, 21, 4927-4936. (a hot article of the journal)
- Jianyong Ouyang, Chil-Wei Chu, Charles Szmanda, Liping Ma, and Yang Yang, Programmable polymer thin film and nonvolatile memory device, Nature Materials 2004, 3, 918-922.
- Nishanth K. Gopalan, Abhijit Dutta, and Jianyong Ouyang, “Carbon nanomaterials as electrocatalysts for energy conversion” in volume 11 “Hydrogen and Other Technologies” of the Series “Energy science and technology”, Studium Press, to be published.
- Jianyong Ouyang, “Two-terminal organic memories with metal or semiconductor nanoparticles” in “Charge-trapping nonvolatile memories”, ed. by P. Dimitrakis, Springer, to be published.
- Kuan Sun, Yijie Xia and Jianyong Ouyang, “Next-generation transparent electrode materials for organic solar cells” in “Solar cell materials, devices and systems”, Taylor and Francis, to be published.
- Jianyong Ouyang, Chapter 14 “Application of graphene and graphene oxide in dye-sensitized solar cells” in “Handbook of graphene science”, CRC press, to be published.
- Yijie Xia and Jianyong Ouyang, Chapter 9 “Transparent conducting polymers” in “Organic Optoelectronic Materials” ed. by Yongfang Li, Springer, to be published.
- Jianyong Ouyang, Chapter 12 “Organic/Polymeric Films with Resistive-Switching Behavior and Their Application as Nonvolatile Memory Devices” in “Nonvolatile Memories: Materials, Devices and Application”, volume 2, page 1-19, ed. By Tseung-Yuen Tseng and Simon M. Sze, American Scientific Publishers, 2012. (R-284-000-040-112)
- Yang Yang, Jianyong Ouyang, Liping Ma, Chih-Wei Chu and Ricky Tseng, Chapter 15 “Polymer and Organic Thin-Film Memory Devices” in Semiconducting Polymers: Chemistry, Physics and Engineering, Second Edition”, ed. Georges Hadziioannou & George G. Malliaras, Wiley-VCH, 2006.
- Jianyong Ouyang, Chih-Wei Chu, Ricky Tseng and Yang Yang, Chapter 8 “Electrical Bistable Polymer Films and Their Applications in Memory Devices” in Handbook of Conducting Polymers, 3rd edition (editors: T. A. Skotheim and J. Reynold), CRC Press, 2006, p311.
- Yang Yang, Liping Ma, Jianyong Ouyang, Jun He, Hai Ming Liem, Chih-Wei Chu and Ankita Prakash, “Organic Nonvolatile Memories” in chapter 2 of book Materials for Information Technology (Editors. E. Zschech, C. Whelan, T. Mikolajick), Springer-Verlag, 2005, p197.
- MLE6101, Thermodynamics and kinetics of Materials.