Ph. D., Ruhr University Bochum (Germany), 1990
Diplom in physics, University Wuppertal (Germany), 1986
Tel: ++(65) 6516-4317
Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing): Recently, Prof Ding Jun’s research has been concentrated on additive manufacturing. His research has been focused on the development of starting mateirals for fabrication of multi-functioanal devices/structures of metal, ceramics, polymer and composite.
Nanomagnetics/spintronics and their applications: Prof Ding Jun has been working in the area of nanomagnetics and spintronics for many years. Recently, he has paid a particular attention on these materials and devices in different applications, including spintronic structures in information storage, nanoparticles in biomedical and environmental applications, magnetic sensors, magnetic energy harvesters and metamaterials. 3D printing will be used in the device fabrication.
- X. F. Lu, S. S. Lee, O. Jun, T. Gopalakrishna, H. Phan; T. S. Herng; Z. L. Lim, Z. B. Zeng, J. Ding, D. H. Kim, J. S. Wu, “Stable 3,6-Linked Fluorenyl Radical Oligomers with Intramolecular Anti-ferromagnetic Coupling and Polyradical Characters”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. (accepted, 2016).
- W. Xiao, P. T. Liu, J. Y. Zhang, W. D. Song, Y. P. Feng, D. Q. Gao and J. Ding, “Dual-functional N dopants in edges and basal plane of MoS2 nanosheets towards efficient and durable hydrogen evolution”, Adv. Energy Mat. (accpeted, 2016)
- R. Hui, H. Phan, T. S. Herng, P. Hu, W. D, Zeng, S. Q. Dong, S. Das, Y. J. Shen, J. Ding, D. Casanova, J. S. Wu, “Higher Order π-Conjugated Polycyclic Hydrocarbons with Open-shell Singlet Ground State: Nonazethrene versus Nonacene”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136 (2016) 10323-30.
- S. Q. Dong, T. S. Herng, T. Y. Gopalakrishna, H. Phan, Z. L. Lim, P. Hu, R. D Webster, J. Ding, C. Y. Chi, “Extended Bis (benzothia) quinodimethanes and Their Dications: From Singlet Diradicaloids to Isoelectronic Structures of Long Acenes”, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed. 55 (2016) 9316-20.
- W. D. Zeng, Z. Sun, T. S. Herng, T. P Gonçalves, T. Y Gopalakrishna, K. W. Huang, J. Ding, J. S. Wu, “Super‐heptazethrene”, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed. 55 (2016) 8615-19
- W. Xiao, X. L. Huang, W. D. Song, Y. Yang, T. S. Herng, J. M. Xue and J. Ding, “High catalytic activity of oxygen-induced (200) surface of Ta2O5 nanolayer towards durable oxygen evolution reaction”, Nano Energy 25 (2015) 60-67.
- P. Hu, S. Lee, T. S. Herng, N. Aratani, T. P. Concalves, Q. B. Qi, X. L. Shi, H. Yamada, K. W. Huang, J. Ding, D. H. Kim, J. S. Wu, “Towards Tetraradicaloid: The Effect of Fusion Mode on Radical Character and Chemical Reactivity”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138 (2016) 1065-77.
- Z. B. Zeng, S. S. Lee, M. J. Son, K. Fukuda, P. Burrezo, X. J. Zhu, Q. B. Qi, R. W. Li, J. T. López Navarrete, J. Ding, J. Casado, M. Nakano, D. H. Kim, J. S. Wu, “Push-Pull Type Oligo(N-annulated Perylene)quinodimethanes: Chain Length and Solvent Dependent Ground States and Physical Properties", J. Am. Chem. Soc.137 (2015) 8572-8583.
- X.X. Chen, X. J. Zhu, W. Xiao, G. Liu, Y. P. Feng, J. Ding, R. W. Li, “Nanoscale Magnetization Reversal Caused by Electric Field-Induced Ion Migration and Redistribution in Cobalt Ferrite Thin Films”, ACS Nano 4 (2015) 4210-18.
- X. L. Liu, Y. Yang, C. T. Ng, L. Y. Zhao, Y. Zhang, B. H. Bay, H. M. Fan and J Ding, “Magnetic Vortex Nanorings: A New Class of Hyperthermia Agent for Highly Efficient In-vivo Regression of Tumors”, Adv. Mat. 27 (2015) 1939.
- Y. Yang, X. L. Liu, T. B. Lv, T. S. Herng, X. H. Liu, W. X. Xia, T. S. Zhang, J. Fang, W. Xiao and J .Ding, “Orientation Mediated Enhancement on Magnetic Hyperthermia of Fe3O4 Nanodisc”, Adv. Func. Mat. 25 (2015) 812.
- MLE2016 Metallic Materials and Processing
- MST5002 Materials Characterization