Ph. D., Ruhr University Bochum (Germany), 1990
Diplom in physics, University Wuppertal (Germany), 1986
Tel: ++(65) 6516-4317
Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing): Recently, Prof Ding Jun’s research has been concentrated on additive manufacturing. His research has been focused on the development of starting mateirals for fabrication of multi-functioanal devices/structures of metal, ceramics, polymer and composite.
Nanomagnetics/spintronics and their applications: Prof Ding Jun has been working in the area of nanomagnetics and spintronics for many years. Recently, he has paid a particular attention on these materials and devices in different applications, including spintronic structures in information storage, nanoparticles in biomedical and environmental applications, magnetic sensors, magnetic energy harvesters and metamaterials. 3D printing will be used in the device fabrication.
- X. L. Huang, S. Chang, W. S. Lee, J. Ding, and J. M. Xue, “Three-dimensional Printed Cellular Stainless Steel as High-activity Catalytic Electrode for Oxygen Evolution”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (accepted, August 2017).
- Xiangxia Wei, Pon Janani Sugumaran, Erwin Peng, Xiaoli Liu and Jun Ding, “Low-Field Dynamic Magnetic Separation Consisting of Magnetic Meshes & Quasi-Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles for Efficient Heavy Metal Removal”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (accepted, 2017)
- J. Y. Zhang, W. Xiao, P. X. Xi, S. B. Xi, Y. H. Du, D. Q. Gao, J. Ding, “Activating and Optimizing Activity of CoS2 for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction through the Synergic Effect of N Dopants and S Vacancies”, ACS Energy Letters 2 (2017) 7b00270.
- G. W. Li, H. Phan, T. S. Herng, T. Y. Gopalakrishna, C. C. Liu, W. D. Zeng, J. Ding, J. S. Wu, “Toward Stable Superbenzoquinone Diradicaloids”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 56 (2017) 5012-16.
- X.X. Wei, E. Peng, YY Xie, JM Xue, J Wang and J Ding, “Extrusion printing of designed three-dimensional YBa2Cu3O7-x superconductor with milled precursor powder”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C 5 (2017) 3382-89.
- Wen Xiao, Peitao Liu, Jingyan Zhang, Wendong Song, Yuan Ping Feng, Daqiang Gao and Jun Ding, “Dual-functional N dopants in edges and basal plane of MoS2 nanosheets towards effi-cient and durable hydrogen evolution”, Advanced Energy Materials 7 (2017) 1602086.
- H. Saadaoui, X. Luo, Z. Salman, X. Y. Cui, N. N. Bao, P. Bao, R. K. Zheng, L. T. Tseng, Y.H. Du, T.Prokscha, A. Suter, T. Liu, Y. R. Wang, S. Li, J. Ding, S. P. Ringer, E. Morenzoni and J.B. Yi, “Intrinsic ferromagnetism in diluted magnetic semiconductor Co:TiO2”, Physical Review Letters 117 (2016) 227202.
- X. F. Lu, S. S. Lee, O. Jun, T. Gopalakrishna, H. Phan; T. S. Herng; Z. L. Lim, Z. B. Zeng, J. Ding, D. H. Kim, J. S. Wu, “Stable 3,6-Linked Fluorenyl Radical Oligomers with Intramolecular Anti-ferromagnetic Coupling and Polyradical Characters”, Journal of the American Chemical Society 138 (2016) 13048-58.
- S. Q. Dong, T. S. Herng, T. Y. Gopalakrishna, H. Phan, Z. L. Lim, P. Hu, R. D Webster, J. Ding, C. Y. Chi, “Extended Bis (benzothia) quinodimethanes and Their Dications: From Singlet Diradicaloids to Isoelectronic Structures of Long Acenes”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 55 (2016) 9316-20.
- W. Xiao, X. L. Huang, W. D. Song, Y. Yang, T. S. Herng, J. M. Xue and J. Ding, “High catalytic activity of oxygen-induced (200) surface of Ta2O5 nanolayer towards durable oxygen evolution reaction”, Nano Energy 25 (2015) 60-67.
- MLE2016 Metallic Materials and Processing
- MST5002 Materials Characterization